Friday, June 27, 2014

8 Things I Want to do This Summer

Can you believe we're almost halfway through summer already? Between work, school, and everything else, I feel like I've barely even been outside. There's no worse feeling than letting these summer months slip by unnoticed. So today's the day I resolve to spend the rest of the summer having adventures and making memories. Here's where I'll start:

1. Drive in Movies


This is actually my plan for tonight! A friend told me that Ohio has one of the largest concentrations of Drive In Movie theaters in the world. Might as well take advantage of it, right?

2. Beaches


Ohio does not have the world's largest concentration of beaches, but we get by with what we have. Maybe we'll head east to the Atlantic for a weekend. I'm fairly certain it will never feel like summer unless I spend a few days reading with my feet in the sand.

3. Bike Rides


One of my favorite things to do in the summer is ride bikes as far as our legs will take us, exploring tiny towns and wide open fields, then jumping on the vintage commuter train and riding back home, bikes safety stored in the cargo hold. 


4. Camping

AKA the only way I can afford to travel. Just kidding, I genuinely love camping. Or at least camp-cooking. Who doesn't love food cooked on an open fire? I'd love to pack up and get away for a weekend, without worrying about reservations or expenses.

5. Eat!


Cleveland has an amazing food scene, and I feel ashamed to be missing a lot of it. A few must-dos ASAP: Greenhouse Tavern, Noodlecat, and Pier W. And Jeni's. Always Jeni's.

6. Road Trip


Can you tell I'm eager to get away? On the list: visiting friends in Washington DC and maybe an impromptu weekend in NYC? Summer is for adventures. Let's do it.


7. Cedar Point

We live less than an hour away from one of the World's Best Amusement parks. Cedar Point is an easy way to pack a whole lot of summer fun into a single day.

8. Bonfires


A friend always tells us that there are three things that make comfortable silences: puppies, kittens, and fires. Everyone gets so fixated on them that no one has to say anything at all. I love having friends over for food and fires in the summer.

There you have it! I will do everything on this list before the leaves change. Let's get started!





6 comments

  1. I agree, you can't pass a summer by without a road trip! I have a couple planned in the next couple months and I'm ready for the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As are we, Courtney! Lindsay and I plan on road tripping to Assateague Island in a few weeks to camp and hang out with the wild ponies!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the perfect list. I will copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! American summer is the best for road trips - very jealous! Hope the drive in movie is good as well, we don't have many in the UK and they look awesome x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jasmine! The drive-in was great! We saw Maleficent and How to Train Your Dragon 2! Such a cute double-feature!

      Delete
  4. I am just envious that you live in America! These all sound like amazing things to do. I am planning a trip to America, so if you have any advice for me, then feel free to share your recommendations x

    ReplyDelete

dearest darling. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.