We were tagged by the lovely
Tink Jayne to answer a few questions about our travels and adventures. And, of course, just thinking about travel got us planning a little weekend getaway. More to come on that, but for now, check out some pictures, advice, and thoughts on our travel experiences, and share your answers as well!
 |
| Oslo, Norway |
Your most treasured passport stamp?
Lindsay: Oddly enough, I traveled through most of Europe and only got my passport stamped once or twice. Was that illegal? Oh well. So probably France. Although the customs guys in the UK were a lot of fun. They just LOVED that we arrived with no idea where we were staying or what we were doing, especially after Ben's musician visa thing had just expired. Oh, fun times.
 |
| Service trip in Quito, Ecuador |
Can you recite your passport # by memory?
Skyla: No. Is that a thing people do? Crazies.
Preferred method of travel: planes, trains, or automobiles?
Skyla: I should probably answer planes because it's my favorite so far, but I'd LOVE to travel by train. How fun would that be? I'd invent a murder mystery among the other passengers. Or a love triangle! Or a love triangle turned murder mystery! Dun dun dunnn!
Top 3 travel items?
Skyla: Febreeze, dry shampoo, Clinique Happy perfume. Because you never know when you can shower next.
Lindsay: Bandaids (blisters can ruin everything!), a journal, and a camera.
 |
| Awesome airbnb find in Old San Juan, PR |
Hostel or Hotel?
Both of us: Hostel. Not only is it cheaper, but you can get so much more from the experience. Hostels encourage socialization in a way that hotels don't go out of their way to do. It's easier to feel immersed in the local culture and meet people you might otherwise never meet. And neither of us are really outgoing people who typically enjoy that kind of thing, but in our experience hostels make it feel safe and comfortable.
Repeat visitor or new places?
Lindsay: Both, please! There are so many places I know I need to go back to, and so many that I'd be able to enjoy more a second time. We were so tired in Rome, and so rushed in London. But I know I'd love both if I got a second chance. But I'm not one to return to the same place year after year, unless it's just for relaxation.
 |
| Repelling down a waterfall in PR |
Research or wing it?
Lindsay: Research so that you can wing it! Seriously, researching is so important. You don't have to plan and schedule, but you do have to know what you're getting into, and what you want to get out of your trip. You can have a great experience without that, of course, but you significantly raise your chances if you actually know what you're doing.
Favorite travel website?
Lindsay: I'm a TripAdvisor junkie. It's the first and the last place I look. If I'm thinking about a trip somewhere, I'll look up the destination and scope out people's pictures. Once I decide on a destination I'll scour the forums for recommendations and read other traveler's trip reports. It's really a one-stop-shop for all your travel research needs.
 |
| The Secret Beach in Viques |
Where would you recommend a friend to visit?
Lindsay: Iceland and/or Puerto Rico.
Skyla: Definitely Quito, Ecuador. Everyone I encountered in Ecuador was incredibly friendly, the food was incredible/fresh, and the skyline is beautiful. The culture is very community oriented. People care more about loving one another and being enriched via their relationships than owning material items and I found that very refreshing.
 |
| Quito, Ecuador |
You're leaving tomorrow and money is no object. Where are you going?
Lindsay: New Zealand. Or somewhere in Southeast Asia.
Skyla: I'd love to go to Budapest.
What about you? Where are you dying to go? And what would you bring? Let us know, we'd love some recommendations!
Love these answers! And I'm glad you agree on the hostel question. As long as you don't mind bunk beds, hostels are cheaper, more fun and very social :)
ReplyDeletex tink x
allabouttink.co.uk